- Read all application materials and browse our web site to become familiar with our programs. Click here to see our admissions viewbook
- Complete our online inquiry form.
- Come to one of our Open Houses or "Tuesdays with Sam." Refer to the Admissions Calendar or call the school for dates and times.
"Tuesdays with Sam" are morning coffees intended for small groups of parents to meet with Head of School Sam Cuddeback and Admissions Director Marcia Levin. Students are welcome at the Open Houses while "Tuesdays with Sam" are for parents and guardians.
- Call the Admissions Office 415-409-3739 to make an appointment for a campus visit or for just the interview.
The complete visit lasts between four and five hours and includes attending classes, meeting students and faculty, interviewing with a member of the admissions committee, and writing a short essay. The essay is usually handwritten although a computer may be used upon request. Complete visits are available Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays throughout the fall and early winter. An interview is required as part of the admissions process.
- Complete the application forms and submit them to the Admissions Office.
There are a number of ways to apply to Drew:
- Apply online
- Complete the application forms and mail or hand deliver hard copies to the admissions office
- Both Part I, the Parent Application form, and Part II, the Student Application form, as well as the $75 non-refundable application fee, are due by January 17, 2013 for the 2013-2014 academic year. If you are applying online, both Part I and Part II do not need to be completed before you can submit either one. The application fee is due with the submission of the Student Application which we ask for no later than January 17, 2013.
- Have your most recent standardized test scores sent directly to Drew. We require the SSAT or the ISEE standardized test results. The SSAT or ISEE are administered throughout the fall and winter. You can register online at www.ssat.org or www.iseeonline.org. All test results must be sent to Drew School directly from the testing service. Our code for the SSAT is 2888.
- Submit your signed Transcript Release form to your current school.
- Fill out the top portion of the teacher recommendation forms and distribute them to your current Math and English teachers with stamped envelopes. Give the Principal/Counselor form to your principal, counselor, or advisor. You can download these forms from this page.
- Complete all financial aid forms no later than January 17, 2013. Financial Aid forms can be found and filed online at https://sss.nais.org. All financial aid application forms and tax returns are submitted directly to SSS.
The tuition for students beginning in the 2012-13 academic year at Drew is $36,400. There is also an Enrollment Fee of $2,000. Textbooks, yearbook, use of Drew iPad, PSAT fee, graduation fees, Student Accident Insurance and Tuition Insurance are included in these costs. Click here to learn more about Drew's unique tuition plan.
Download each of the Drew application forms individually here:
- Part I: Parent/Guardian Common Application Form
- Part II: Student Application Form for Drew
- Current English Teacher Recommendation Form
- Current Math Teacher Recommendation Form
- Current Principal or Counselor Recommendation Form
- Transcript Release and Confidentiality Form
- Principles of Good Practice
- Information for International Students
You need Adobe Acrobat to open these files - if you don't have it, click here to download from Adobe.